90€ - 370€ *Net price
Enzyme for prevention of false-positive results in PCR.
- Additional information
Uracil-DNA Glycosylase (UNDG) is a 25.5 KDa protein isolated from a recombinant E. coli strain bearing the ung gene of the E. coli str. K-12. It hydrolyzes uracil-glycosidic bonds in single- or double-stranded DNA, creating alkali-sensitive abasic sites. These abasic sites can be hydrolyzed by endonuclease, heat, or alkali treatment.
The enzyme is highly purified by affinity and anion-exchange chromatography. UNDG can be supplied in glycerin and detergent free buffer for the subsequent lyophilization upon request. The enzyme is inactivated completely during the first cycle of DNA denaturation and does not interfere with the current reaction amplification products.
- Prevents false-positive results
- Is inactivated during the first PCR cycle
- Maximal activity at 37°C
Area of applications:
- Routine PCR
- Multiplex PCR
- Low copy PCR
- PCR with dual-labelled probes
- PCR with intercalating dyes
- 5 units/μl (5-200 units/μl upon request)
Storage and transportation conditions:
- From -24°С to -16°С – 2 years
- Up to 14 days at a temperature < +25°С
1 000 U/0.2 ml